Submitted by EcoAlign
WASHINGTON DC - March 10, 2008 - EcoAlign, a strategic marketing agency focused on energy and the environment and an affiliate of DEFG LLC, today released the results of the third EcoPinion survey on green brands and brand messaging.
The third EcoPinion Survey highlights the fact that very few brands have any resonance in the market for green products and services. Consumers largely have a neutral, wait-and-see stance on company commitments and leadership on renewable energy, energy efficiency and the environment.
"There is a great opportunity to become a green brand leader with the right commitment and marketing approach," stated Andrea Fabbri, COO and Chief Marketing Officer. "But the current emphasis on public relations and advertising is not going to do it alone."
Findings from the EcoPinion Survey Report include:
1. Fifty-four percent (54%) of consumers could not name, on an unaided basis, a company who supplied renewable or "green" energy.
2. Seventy-one percent (71%) of respondents were not familiar, on an aided basis, with ten "pure play" companies in the renewable and green energy space.
3. When asked about how committed respondents thought their electric utilities are to promoting or providing renewable energy or energy efficiency, ratings were about evenly split: 31% thought not at all committed, 36% were neutral and 33% rated the commitment level "7" or higher on a ten-point scale.
4. Respondents were then shown a mix of 12 companies representing various industries and asked which they thought were most committed to using or providing renewable energy. GE dominated with 81% while Toyota was second at 65%.
5. Seventy seven percent (77%) of consumers think that an energy-efficient or green operational model is the single most important quality of a corporation trying to be an environmental leader.
6. Respondents were asked to rate their familiarity with various terms. Seventy-one percent (71%) rated their level of familiarity "8-10" with the term "energy efficiency," versus only 53% for "going green."
A copy of the full EcoPinion report is available at no charge by visiting EcoAlign's website at www.ecoalign.com.
For more information on DEFG, please visit our website: www.defgllc.com.
EcoAlign is a strategic marketing agency focused on the energy and environment space. Our mission is to align consumer behavior with energy and environmental needs for products, services and programs. We evaluate, create and execute alignment through a set of unique research techniques, insightful strategy and innovative communication approaches.
Our customers benefit from a fresh and insightful approach that delivers business results in a budget-constrained environment. You can count on us for:
More from EcoAlign