Submitted by CNH Industrial
CASE Construction, a brand of CNH Industrial, recently completed the Beach Care Project in Ivory Coast using the King of Construction, the 570T, along with raising awareness on plastic waste among the local community.
After the previous stages in the Mediterranean coastal areas of Italy, France and Spain, and at Thorney Bay Beach on Canvey Island, England, the initiative has reached the Ivory Coast, more precisely Assouinde Beach and Assinie Beach.
In Ivory Coast, beaches are not only an extremely important environmental resource, but also function as a social resource capable of creating a positive impact on the region’s tourist industry and economy overall. This highlights the necessity of the Beach Care Project – both economically and environmentally.
The Beach Care Project aims to raise awareness of the need for eco-friendly management of the beach ecosystem while also cleaning beaches. Cleaning operations were carried out at Assouinde Beach and Assinie Beach with local volunteers who were mainly families and primary school children. The project was managed by local authorities along with other scientific research bodies and NGO’s.
This three-year project combines research and education with collective actions. Initially, it was developed in collaboration with the Italian Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR, National Council of Research), the French Comité National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS, National Committee of Scientific Research), and the Spanish Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC, High Council for Scientific Investigations). The project was later implemented in schools across Europe with educational kits and lessons on the safeguarding of the environment, reaching over 10,000 children.
In Ivory Coast, the Beach Care Project ran for one week with activities addressing the protection of the environment to raise awareness among local populations regarding the fight against waste, in particular plastic waste. All of this was in collaboration with the NGO JAH LIVE.
As many as 280 tons of plastic waste are produced in the Ivory Coast every day. Only 10 percent of this is recycled, while the remaining 90% is buried in local landfills or released into the natural environment, which constitutes a true hazard to the health of local populations and a threat to the environment. With these concerning statistics, CNH’s call to action with the Beach Project becomes more essential than ever and demonstrates the company’s initiative in addressing the climate crisis.
CNH Industrial (NYSE: CNHI / MI: CNHI) is a world-class equipment and services company. Driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground, which centers on Innovation, Sustainability and Productivity, the Company provides the strategic direction, R&D capabilities, and investments that enable the success of its global and regional Brands. Globally, Case IH and New Holland Agriculture supply 360° agriculture applications from machines to implements and the digital technologies that enhance them; and CASE and New Holland Construction Equipment deliver a full lineup of construction products that make the industry more productive. The Company’s regionally focused Brands include: STEYR, for agricultural tractors; Raven, a leader in digital agriculture, precision technology and the development of autonomous systems; Hemisphere, a leading designer and manufacturer of high-precision satellite-based positioning and heading technologies; Flexi-Coil, specializing in tillage and seeding systems; Miller, manufacturing application equipment; Kongskilde, providing tillage, seeding and hay & forage implements; and Eurocomach, producing a wide range of mini and midi excavators for the construction sector, including electric solutions.
Across a history spanning over two centuries, CNH Industrial has always been a pioneer in its sectors and continues to passionately innovate and drive customer efficiency and success. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial’s 40,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world.
More from CNH Industrial