PCI-Media Impact is at the forefront of innovative social change communications programming. Its pioneering approach uses creative media, the power of storytelling and the reach of broadcast media to mobilize individual, community and political action in the areas of sexual and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, environmental conservation and sustainable development, human rights and democracy.
For over twenty years, its programming has captured people's imagination. Media Impact has trained hundreds of organizations and community leaders in the effective use of media. Working with media professionals, it has completed more than 242 productions, including radio and television serial dramas, comic books, documentaries and public service announcements reaching hundreds of millions of people in 27 countries around the world.
From Mexico to India, Kenya to China, Media Impact has been: "Telling Stories, Saving Lives." For more information, please visit the website at www.mediaimpact.org.
PCI Media Impact Videos:
Click here to watch Who is Media Impact?
Click here to watch Behind the Scenes of PCI Media Impact
Click here to watch Taru Has Changed My Life: Educational Radio Soap Opera
PCI-Media Impact is participating in GlobalGiving's Open Challenge, an online fundraising drive, to save one of their most successful social change communications campaigns, which was recently cancelled as a result of the June 28 military coup in Honduras.
PCI Media Impact is partnering with UNICEF Belize and Red Cross Belize to produce Echo, the first radio magazine show to discuss HIV/AIDS and healthy sex practices in this underserved nation. Echo's highlight is the 20-episode radio soap opera Dah Alla Wah Bizniz (All of Our...
- June 8, 2009 - The Honduran radio serial "Agua de Angel" (Angel Water) began broadcasting on Radio Nacional de Honduras (National Radio of Honduras) on Friday, May 22 at 4:00 p.m. The collaborative effort between PCI-Media Impact and The Red de Desarrollo Sostenible Ho...
- June 4, 2009 - PCI Media Impact, a non-profit organization specializing in the use of Entertainment Education to promote social change, premiers their Ecuadorian serial drama, "Toque Magico (Magic Touch)",Â every Wednesday on both YouTube and Facebook.
LAZ PAZ, BOLIVIA. - May 7, 2009 - PCI Media Impact, a non-profit organization specializing in the use of Entertainment Education methodology to promote social change, launched its new community media program, Our Voices. This three year program will help to rebuild t...
March 26, 2009 - PCI Media Impact, a not-for-profit organization with over 25 years of experience inspiring global social change through storytelling and broadcast media, has selected eight coalitions of grassroots organizations for the 2009 My Community progra...
- November 6, 2008 - In the last four years, PCI-Media Impact has developed and broadcast more than 174 productions, reaching hundreds of million people in 15 countries around the world. This is quite an accomplishment for a small organization which is passionate abou...
- October 9, 2008 - Fred Cohen, the Chairman of PCI-Media Impact, a leading international NGO, today announced that Alan Court had joined its Board of Directors. Mr. Court is currently Senior Advisor to the United Nation's Secretary General's Special Envoy for Malari...
- August 25, 2008 - PCI-Media Impact, a not-for-profit organization that produces social change television and radio programs around the world, was recently awarded Outstanding Photograph by InterAction for James Rodriguez's snapshot of Guatemalan children participati...
- August 4, 2008 - PCI-Media Impact, a not-for-profit organization that produces social change TV and radio programs around the world, along with its long-time Latin American partner, Calandria Association of Social Communicators (La Asociacion de Comunicado...