Submitted by: United Nations Global Compact
Posted: Apr 02, 2020 – 04:51 PM EST
Apr. 02 /CSRwire/ - The UN Global Compact has shared a special appeal for a corporate response to the COVID-19 pandemic: for all companies to take collective action to stem the outbreak through implementing our Ten Principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. Businesses are also being called upon to stand together to facilitate business continuity for a fast recovery. Effectively addressing this crisis requires an active response from governments, business and the whole of society.
You are invited to register below for the first live session in a series of special live webinars that will highlight the existing and new approaches to leadership in a time of global crisis. In this session, you’ll hear from leaders in the United Nations, Government, and business, who will share their experiences of working to respond to COVID-19 and discuss how to pursue immediate and coordinated action across business, the UN system, and Government.
Join the session to learn:
- How business leaders can respond to the COVID-19 crisis
- How the Ten Principles can provide business leaders with a North Star
- How Governments and business can work together
- The impact COVID-19 will have on the Sustainable Development Goals
- Amina J Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General
- Alan Jope, CEO of Unilever
- Lise Kingo, CEO & Executive Director of the UN Global Compact
Apr 2, 2020 10:00 AM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)
For more information, please contact:There is currently no contact information.
For more from this organization:United Nations Global Compact