Submitted by CNH Industrial
In response to the COVID-19 emergency, the Agnelli Family and its Companies have put in place a series of measures, in coordination with the Italian Civil Protection Department, to support the Italian national health service in its care of the sick and to provide assistance to those who currently require it, or who will do so in the future.
- The Agnelli Family has made a €10 million donation to the Italian Civil Protection Department, as it manages the emergency at national level; and to Specchio dei Tempi /La Stampa (a social assistance organization which operates in the Region of Piedmont), to respond to the local health and social needs in the city of Turin and Piedmont.
- EXOR and its subsidiaries Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ferrari and CNH Industrial - together with companies from outside the Group, including Ermenegildo Zegna and Pesenti Group – have sourced and purchased a total of 150 ventilators, alongside other medical equipment from various overseas suppliers, and are preparing for their immediate air transport to Italy.
- the automotive long-term rental company Leasys (FCA Bank) has provided the Italian Red Cross and ANPAS (the Italian National Association for Public Assistance) with a fleet of vehicles for the distribution of food and medicine to the sick, the elderly and people in need of assistance across Italy.
- EXOR, FCA, Ferrari and CNH Industrial remain in close contact with the Italian Department of Civil Protection, to provide the Country with scouting services – free of charge – to identify medical equipment and healthcare products available internationally, and to provide assistance with customs related matters to ensure expedited import to Italy.
These initiatives are in addition to those already in place:
- #DistantiMaUniti, a fundraising initiative promoted by the Juventus Football Club, which is live on the gofundme platform (www.gofundme.com/f/distanti-ma-uniti-dona-insieme-alla-juventus)
- #restoascuola, an initiative promoted by the Agnelli Foundation, together with the La Stampa and Specchio dei Tempi Foundation and La Stampa newspaper, to support long-distance teaching in schools, especially for those students who experience greater barriers to learning.
About CNH Industrial
CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company that sustainably advances the noble work of agriculture and construction workers. The Company provides the strategic direction, R&D capabilities, and investments that enable the success of its five core Brands: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and STEYR, supplying 360° agriculture applications from machines to implements and the digital technologies that enhance them; and CASE and New Holland Construction Equipment delivering a full lineup of construction products that make the industry more productive. Across a history spanning over two centuries, CNH Industrial has always been a pioneer in its sectors and continues to passionately innovate and drive customer efficiency and success. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial’s 35,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world.
Sustainability at CNH Industrial
CNH Industrial has a proactive approach to sustainability, which is in tune with global changes. We have set long-term targets to align with the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals and we are driven to ensure that our footprint is sustainable, and one that leaves a positive and lasting impression. Furthermore, CNH Industrial is a recognized as a sustainability leader in its field, having maintained a top position in the Machinery and Electrical Equipment segment of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI), World and Europe, for eleven consecutive years, as well as being admitted to range of sustainability indices.
More from CNH Industrial