OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Aug. 06 /CSRwire/ - Following the announcement of Black & Veatch’s global Power business restructuring in July, the company today announced the completion of its global Power leadership team. The appointments strengthen the company’s full portfolio of engineering services to full turnkey EPC solutions as clients address the rapidly evolving Power market landscape.
- Laszlo von Lazar is appointed Global Project Services Leader. A new addition to Black & Veatch Power, von Lazar brings 31 years of experience in global energy projects, including four years with GE and 27 years with Bechtel. He possesses strong engineering and construction skills and has led major international projects throughout his career, including conventional power generation sources, nuclear, offshore power transmission and wind generation, as well as liquified natural gas (LNG). GPS will house the primary functions of engineering, procurement, construction, quality and business excellence. It will allow for enhanced resource management and drive further consistency in project execution.
- Jim Doull is appointed Global Conventional Generation Business Line Leader. Doull has more than 30 years’ experience leading power generation projects for Black & Veatch in North America, Asia and Europe. Most recently Doull led an 800 MW natural gas-fired plant in Canada, and a 685 MW supercritical coal-fired project in Southeast Asia.
- Dave Leligdon is appointed Global Renewable Energy Business Line Leader. Leligdon has led the Renewables business since September 2018 and has more than 30 years’ experience with energy, water and wastewater facilities in multiple regions, including the largest active power project in the southern hemisphere.
- Rich Jacober is appointed Global Transmission Business Line Leader. Jacober, with more than 27 years of experience, including 25 with Black & Veatch’s power transmission and distribution group, will continue to propel the successful performance of the company’s Transmission business, advancing growth and expanding global market presence.
- Jeremy Klingel is appointed Global Distributed Energy Business Line Leader. Klingel has more than 23 years’ experience, including the last four years with Black & Veatch’s Management Consulting business. He has led over two dozen smart grid development projects and has driven the operational roadmap behind advanced distribution management and end-user experience.
- Greg Brown is appointed Global Sales & Marketing Leader. Brown, who joined Black & Veatch in June 2018 and has 32 years of Power industry experience, will focus on strengthening the client experience across Power’s entire portfolio.
- Narsingh Chaudhary, announced earlier, leads Black & Veatch’s Power business in Asia. Chaudhary joined Black & Veatch in June with more than 25 years of experience leading various energy businesses in the Asia region and globally.
The executive team, along with essential business functions, report to Mario Azar, President of Black & Veatch Power.
“As the Power industry adapts to balance rising global need for reliable baseload generation with corresponding demand for low carbon energy and end-to-end project solutions, our new leadership team will drive exceptional performance and quality project execution for our clients,” Azar said.
Complementing the company’s offerings in North America and Asia, Azar plans to announce regional leaders for Latin America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East at a later date.
Black & Veatch announced the reorganization of its global power business on July 2 in response to growing client demand for tailored solutions balancing conventional and renewable generation sources, as well as more distributed, resilient power sources and grid infrastructure.
von Lazar has experience in both direct hire and subcontract work in the US, Canada, Australia, Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea, Chile, Mexico and other countries. Click here to download a photo of von Lazar.
Click here to download photos of other Power leaders.
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building critical human infrastructure in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2018 were US$3.5 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.
Media Contact Information:
CHRISTOPHER CLARK | +1 913-458-2778 P | +1 816-674-0572 M | ClarkCA@bv.com
24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866-496-9149