HOUSTON, Texas, May 30 /CSRwire/ - We appreciate your interest in AMD and our commitment to corporate responsibility. This is our 17th consecutive annual corporate responsibility report and this year our information is available in several formats to engage the broadest possible audience:
The summary and tablet application are new this year. The tablet version contains additional content in the form of videos, interactive graphics and links to our web pages.
Our 2011 corporate responsibility highlights include:
- Our detailed report has been verified by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) as fulfilling the requirements of Application Level A.
- Rory Read, who joined AMD as President and CEO in August 2011, shares his views on the importance of corporate responsibility to our culture and our business.
- Our innovative educational program, AMD Changing the Game, has now reached more than 74,000 students worldwide. The goal for this program is to reach one million students by 2020.
- AMD employees once again stepped up in 2011 to help others in need, by making significant contributions of money, time and materials to relief efforts for the victims of the Japanese tsunami and our neighbors impacted by the Central Texas wildfires.
- AMD awarded the last in a series of grants totaling $3 million (USD) to help preserve open space.
- We identified our largest suppliers and provided statistics on how we are managing social and environmental responsibility in our supply chain.
- AMD continued to lead the dialogue on “conflict minerals,” including testimony at the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Our 2011 environmental performance data show that we are on track for several goals, but are off track for two of these goals.
- One of our most important stakeholder groups, AMD employees, gave high marks (86% favorable) to our corporate responsibility programs.
We want to thank our stakeholder panel for providing valuable feedback on this report, as well as our other corporate responsibility programs.
Hopefully, you will find this new format to be an improvement. Please contact us with your comments and input on how we can continue to improve our corporate responsibility programs and reporting going forward.