KENT, United Kingdom, Jun. 28 /CSRwire/ - Coca-Cola Enterprises (NYSE: CCE), the world's largest marketer, distributor and producer of Coca-Cola products, has published its fifth company-wide Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (CRS) report, Clear on Our Commitments: Our Journey to 2020, which can be found at http://crs.cokecce.com/publications
The report details progress to Commitment 2020, a set of goals in five strategic CRS focus areas that it has committed to achieving by the year 2020. It also provides a comprehensive look at the company's commitment to being a sustainable business partner in the communities in which it operates.
Some of CCE's key achievements in its five focus areas are:
- Energy Conservation/Climate Change: Co-signed the Copenhagen Communique to support a global agreement on climate change and reduced company carbon footprint for the second consecutive year
- Water Stewardship: Achieved an average water use ratio of 1.67 litres of water to make one litre of product, an improvement of more than 3.5 per cent from 2008, making CCE one of the most efficient users of water in the Coca-Cola system
- Sustainable Packaging/Recycling: Introduced PlantBottle, a fully recyclable PET bottle made from a blend of petroleum-based materials and up to 30 per cent of plant-based materials. Also achieved facility recycling rates of more than 92 per cent in North America and more than 99 per cent in Europe
- Product Portfolio/Balanced and Active Lifestyle: Reduced beverage calories in US schools by 88 per cent since 2006 through the school beverage guidelines and supported First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move! campaign by leading the beverage industry's labelling initiative, Clear on Calories
- Diverse and Inclusive Culture: Achieved significantly improved levels of employee engagement in its first global Employee Engagement Survey and received a 100 per cent score on the Corporate Equality Index of the Human Rights Campaign Foundation for its support of GLBT issues for the second consecutive year