Submitted by: CorporateRegister.com Limited
Posted: May 30, 2007 – 06:30 AM EST
May 30 /CSRwire/ - Prudential plc has today published ‘Acting Responsibly’, its corporate responsibility report for 2006/7. Available via: http://www.reportalert.info/ra/Prudential300507.htm.
‘Acting Responsibly’ is Prudential's fifth annual corporate responsibility report and covers its four directly managed businesses. The report demonstrates how Prudential is managing and responding to some of the key social and environmental challenges currently facing society and particularly, the international financial services community.
During the past year, there have been some exciting developments in Prudential's work:
- Prudential continues to invest in the communities where it operates. In the UK it is delivering financial literacy programme in partnership with Citizens Advice, the Personal Finance Education Group, Specialist Schools and Academies Trust and National Institute of Adult Continuing Education;
- In Asia, Prudential's financial literacy programme 'Investing in your Future' has seen 10,000 women graduate from the programme;
- In 2006, it launched The Chairman's Award, the first global volunteering initiative, which offers community enhancement projects in every country in which it is represented. Over 1,600 employees across all of Prudential’s markets have worked on over 50 international projects.
- In the US, Jackson National Life Insurance Company formed the Jackson National Community Fund (JNCF).
- PRUPIM, its property investment management business (part of M&G), has set up an innovative project called the Improver Portfolio to examine ways it can reduce a 'typical' property portfolio's carbon footprint while maintaining or even enhancing investment returns.
For further information, comments or questions about Prudential’s corporate responsibility activity, or to request a hard copy of the report, please use e-mail address available on: http://www.reportalert.info/ra/Prudential300507.htm.
Prudential plc is a leading international financial services group, providing retail financial services and fund management in its chosen markets: the United Kingdom, the United States, Asia and continental Europe.
Visit www.CorporateRegister.com to access 13,900 CSR reports.