Leading producers of branded and private label wipes report advances in corporate responsibility across four key focus areas
ORANGEBURG, N.Y., Jun. 15 /CSRwire/ - Today, sister companies Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (Nice-Pak) and PDII proudly release their first ever comprehensive corporate social responsibility report, sharing progress on sustainability efforts across four focus areas – advancing health and wellness; contributing to a safer, healthier world; Thinking Clean, Working Green™; and empowering associates. While maintaining an unwavering commitment to environmental and social responsibility, these two companies are on a mission to advance public health and wellness as leaders in the wipe industry serving the consumer, healthcare, foodservice and professional markets.
“Our passion for environmental and social responsibility touches all aspects of our business,” said Robert Julius, chairman and CEO of Nice-Pak, chairman of PDII. “We’re equally focused on supporting the health and well-being of our employees and the communities we serve, as we are in striving to find new innovations to meet sustainability goals for our products to reduce our impact on the environment.”
Highlights of Nice-Pak and PDII’s efforts across its focus areas include:
Advancing Health and Wellness:
- Nice-Pak works with its retail partners to provide leading-edge solutions that are environmentally responsible and promote customers’ health and wellness, including wipes made with 100 percent renewable plant-based fibers and convenient options that disinfect and sanitize surfaces to prevent the spread of germs.
- PDII, through its healthcare and professional divisions, provides innovative products, educational resources, training and support to prevent healthcare and community acquired infections, and promote health and wellness.
Contributing to a Safer, Healthier World:
- Nice-Pak and PDII have an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Vision and Policy to ensure an injury-free workplace, promote health and safety throughout the communities in which they operate, and to create environmentally friendly products and services.
- In 2016, Nice-Pak’s Nice ‘n CLEAN® brand became the exclusive wet wipe sponsor and proud supporter of Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) to contribute to the mission of improving the quality of life and the health of individuals with food allergies. Nice ‘n CLEAN® Antibacterial Hand Wipes are proven to remove 99% of peanut residue from hard surfaces.
Thinking Clean, Working Green™:
- Nice-Pak and PDII set sustainability targets in 2009, in an effort to minimize impact on the environment. In the ensuing years, from improving energy efficiency and diverting waste, to reducing water usage and using more responsible raw products, Nice-Pak and PDII have met or exceeded nearly all of their environmental reduction goals.
- In 2015, Sani Professional®, a division of PDII, launched towels made from 100 percent viscose fibers for use in foodservice facilities. Our viscose, made from wood pulp, is produced from trees specifically grown for wood pulp manufacturing. These towels are 100 percent compostable and certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI).
- Nice-Pak and PDII continue to look for ways to decrease water usage through upgraded systems and procedures, to reach their five percent reduction goal. Water is not only the primary ingredient across products, but in order to meet our high standards of quality assurance, is used in large quantities to properly clean and sanitize equipment.
- Nice-Pak and PDII also look to address another industry-wide challenge in the responsible disposal of products through leading-edge technology and consumer education. Nice-Pak has led the industry in providing educational materials to consumers and ensuring non-flushable wipe symbols appear on packaging.
Empowering Our Associates:
- With a focused effort on fostering a culture of mission-driven employees, Nice-Pak and PDII associates take great pride in their work in making a difference for the health and wellness of families and caregivers around the world.
- In 2016, the “Why I Work Here” initiative sparked empowering conversations among employees in what inspires them to work towards a healthy future.
- Employees also supported their communities in 2016 through numerous efforts including volunteering at food banks to assembling and donating care packages and products for those in need, as part of Nice-Pak’s Operation ‘Leave No Mess Behind’ to support disaster relief efforts.
To see more of Nice-Pak and PDII’s environmental and social initiatives as they continue working towards a more environmentally and socially responsible future, visit www.nicepak.com/sustainability.
Nice-Pak, founded in 1957, is the global leader in the design, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of premium quality branded and private label pre-moistened wipes. Headquartered in Orangeburg, NY, Nice-Pak has a track record of introducing innovative products that help to improve people's health and wellness through the consumer, healthcare, and professional business channels. Brands for Nice-Pak include Nice 'n Clean®, Grime Boss®, and Wet-Nap®. Visit nicepak.com.
PDII helps reduce preventable infections, control associated costs and save lives by delivering a broad range of evidence-based, market leading environmental hygiene, patient care and food safety solutions for community and healthcare environments. PDII has three divisions, PDI Contract Manufacturing, Sani Professional® and PDI Healthcare. Visit wearepdi.com.