Our Pledges Are Poised to Transform the Culture of Business.
We’re creating a new normal, where pro bono is a
strategy for success for every business.
Click here to lead the change.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - February 6, 2007 - Want to impress your valentine this year? Volunteer for someone or something you love. No matter what your personal passion, it's easy to find a rewarding way to make a Big Hearted difference at www.VolunteerMatch.org :
1. Roses are red, but they need your help to stay that way: The City of Ventura, CA, needs Rose Garden Volunteers.
2. Making someone else feel special is what Valentine's Day is all about: Faith in Action of Fayetteville, AR, needs you to help others feel loved and remembered as a Senior Visit Volunteer.
3. You’ll look great on Valentine's Day, but you can help someone else look good, too: Foss Village of Seattle, WA, needs Manicure Volunteers.
4. Bringing a bouquet on Valentine's Day? Adult Day Care Center of Lynchburg, VA, needs "Flowers for Our Friends" Volunteers.
5. You can do more than just give chocolates this year: the Lee County Alabama Chapter of the American Red Cross needs Chocolate Tasting Volunteers.
6. Everyone likes to have something nice to wear on Valentine's Day, including disadvantaged girls: Becca's Closet of Pompano Beach, FL, needs Formal Gown Volunteers.
7. Sure, picking out the right shoes for the Big Night can be an ordeal: Keep things in perspective with Shoes for Orphan Souls of Mesquite, TX, as a New Shoes for Needy Children Volunteer.
8. Reliable wheels are especially important on February 14th: Lyngblomsten Care Center of Minneapolis, MN, needs Wheelchair Maintenance Volunteers.
9. You're already planning a nice dinner, so why not volunteer to make sure everyone has something to eat? The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank needs Food Bank Volunteers.
10. Oysters make a popular appetizer on February 14, and you can help ensure a supply for future romantics: Save the Bay of Oakland, CA, needs Oyster Monitor Volunteers.
11. What's Valentine's Day without a movie? You can help kids learn how to make movies of their own with Streetside Stories of San Francisco, CA, as a Moviemaking Volunteer.
12. Candlelight and romance go hand-in-hand: Dakota County Parks of Eagan, MN, needs Candlelight Ski and Skate Event Volunteers.
13. Valentine's Day was made for hugs and kisses, so why not send some to soldiers deployed overseas? Make handmade items for military families with The HUGS Project of Edmond, OK, as a HUGS Volunteer.
14. Animals need love, too! Events like the Smooches with Pooches fundraiser at Raccoon Valley Animal Sanctuary & Rescue of West Des Moines, IA, require Animal-Loving Volunteers.
At www.VolunteerMatch.org , these and 38,785 additional ways to make a difference are available right now. This Valentine’s Day, put your heart into it: Get involved and give back today.
VolunteerMatch is where volunteering begins, enabling anyone to find local nonprofits by ZIP code, get involved based on skills and interests, and support a community network of individuals, charitable organizations, and socially responsible businesses committed to civic engagement. Since 1998, VolunteerMatch has helped volunteers make nearly 3 million matches to 45,000 nonprofits throughout the United States, earning the national nonprofit worldwide acclaim, two Webby Awards, and recognition from The White House.
For more information, please contact:
For more from this organization:VolunteerMatch