The stories of devastation and desperate need coming out of Puerto Rico are heartbreaking. With a massive emergency response urgently needed and recovery efforts expected to take months (if not years), JetBlue has established a new program to help our crewmembers, customers and neighbors in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean: 100x35JetBlue.
100x35JetBlue is a multifaceted program to support both short-term relief and long-term recovery efforts following the destruction from Hurricane Maria. This is extremely personal to us. As the largest airline on the island, nearly 500 crewmembers, service to three airports, and a focus city in San Juan, we are supporting our crewmembers, customers and neighbors with supplies, relief flights and other immediate needs. We are also committed to investing in programs that will help rebuild and repair Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.
Named in honor of the popular reference to Puerto Rico’s 100x35 mile size, we are rolling out with airlift support, relief pricing, awareness and fundraising and people deployment. We’re working with government agencies, non-profit organizations and partners to support the community in as many ways as we can.
How you can get involved: As part of the 100x35JetBlue campaign, we are calling on our customers, crewmembers and partners to help. We‘re inviting customers onboard every JetBlue flight to donate to JetBlue’s GlobalGiving campaign, benefitting hurricane impacted areas throughout the U.S. and Caribbean. With the goal of raising $1 million, we’ve committed to match donations to our GlobalGiving campaign dollar-for-dollar up to $500,000 through Nov. 15. You can learn more and make a contribution at GlobalGiving.org/jetblue.
Immediate Support: While not all needs are immediately known, we’ve outlined a number of efforts aimed to address anticipated concerns as relief and recovery efforts continue. Throughout the coming days and weeks, we are continuing to provide assistance to our neighbors in Puerto Rico by:
- Offering reduced fares on nonstop JetBlue operated flights for customers traveling to or from the island.
- Providing relief flights to transport emergency personnel and essential supplies at no cost.
- Deploying mainland U.S. airport crewmembers and the airline’s emergency response care team to San Juan to support local crewmembers with food and supplies.
- Inviting customers onboard every JetBlue flight to donate to JetBlue’s campaign at GlobalGiving benefitting hurricane affected-areas., with a $1 million goal. JetBlue will match donations dollar-for-dollar up to $500,000 through Nov. 15.
- Developing initiatives to address unmet needs in communities and developing long-term plans to help foster economic growth.
We’ve pledged long-term recovery support to replenish vegetation across the island; help support for children services; partner with community leaders to raise awareness; provide gifts and meals throughout the holiday season; and offer advertising space to promote tourism to Puerto Rico. We know that the people of Puerto Rico have a long journey in front of them and we are committed to standing beside them to help rebuild and repair homes, businesses and communities.
We hope that you’ll join our efforts to inspire humanity in this time of crisis and join our pledge to support the people of Puerto Rico as they recover and rebuild in the months to come.
To learn more about 100x35JetBlue, visit blog.jetblue.com/100x35jetblue